We are looking for a highly motivated scientist wishing to further develop their scientific career within a dynamic and stimulating environment. The candidate will develop new computational and/or experimental high-throughput methods to investigate the function of alternative polyadenylation and retared regulatory proteins in neuronal differentiation of iPSC and its alterations in neurodegenerative diseases.
The successful candidate will join the group of Dr. Mireya Plass. The aim of the Plass lab is to investigate the function of post-transcriptional regulation in gene regulation and cell differentiation, and in particular its contribution to the development of neurodevelopment and neurodegenerative diseases. For this purpose, we take advantage of the newly developed single-cell transcriptomics methods and use them in combination with molecular biology experiments, other types of high-throughput sequencing technologies and computational analyses. We offer a highly dynamic and stimulating international working environment, state-of-the-art research facilities, and expert technical support.
- Doctoral degree in biological/medical sciences or at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience at the time of the call deadline.
- Mobility: to apply for a Standard European Fellowships (ST) the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020.
For the Career Restart Panel (CAR) or the Reintegration Panel (RI) application, the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 36 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020
- Strong background in stem cell/neuro biology and high-throughput sequencing or in statistical methods and data analysis. Previous expertise with single-cell transcriptomics will be a plus.
- Fluent English language
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Project planning, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
- 24-months contract under MSCA-IF conditions.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- 2 reference contacts
Deadline for sending CVs will be next 1st June 2020