Autoimmune diseases, which represent an important cause of morbidity and mortality, affect 5-10% of the world population. Our studies are focused in the identification and characterization of novel physiologic molecules with a protective function against dysregulated immune-inflammatory processes leading to autoimmunity. We use in vitro, in vivo and “multiomic” approaches (single-cell RNA sequencing, proteomics, metabolomics) to decipher the molecular mechanisms and the consequences of immunomodulation in innate immune cells, particularly mononuclear phagocytes, in a creative and collaborative atmosphere. At the translational level, we evaluate the suitability of our identified immunomodulators as prospective clinical biomarkers for a variety of inflammatory conditions and analyze its therapeutic potential in animal models of autoimmune diseases
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated, organized and talented candidate with strong commitment to translational research and able to team up with a dynamic, young and multidisciplinary research group. Strong communication skills both written and spoken will be acknowledged.
- Doctoral Degree: The Experienced Researcher must be, at the date of the call deadline (09 September 2020), in possession of a doctoral degree (biochemistry, biology, biomedicine, biotechnology, immunology, pharmacy or equivalent) or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Mobility: to apply for a Standard European Fellowships (ST) the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020.
For the Career Restart Panel (CAR) or the Reintegration Panel (RI) application, the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 36 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020
- Experience in animal models and animal facility work. Studies performed with animal models of inflammatory pathologies will be highly valued.
- A background in cell culture, molecular and cell biology techniques and, particularly, immunology, proteomics and/or bioinformatics will be highly considered.
- Fluent English language
- Experience in basic computer tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Previous experience in immune cells profiling and standard immunology techniques is desirable.
- Knowledge of statistical programming environment (R) is a plus.
- 24-months contract under MSCA-IF conditions.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- 2 reference contacts
Deadline for sending CVs will be next 1st June 2020