We are looking for a well-trained, highly motivated, and deeply curious scientist whishing to further their scientific career within a dynamic and stimulating environment. The candidate will develop and test tissue-engineering strategies for promoting the maturation of human PSC-derived cardiomyocytes. The project will also use advanced human cardiac constructs to model genetic cardiac disease ex vivo.
The successful candidate will join the group of Prof. Angel Raya. Research in Raya’s group aims at understanding the tissue, cellular and molecular mechanisms that determine the regenerative response in certain species of vertebrates, as well as the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms that control cellular reprogramming. We offer a highly dynamic and stimulating working environment, state-of-the-art research facilities, and expert technical support.
- Doctoral degree: PhD in Health Sciences: Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, etc.
to apply for a Standard European Fellowships (ST) the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020.
For the Career Restart Panel (CAR) or the Reintegration Panel (RI) application, the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 36 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020
- Strong background in stem cell biology and/or regeneration. Previous expertise in cardiac differentiation of stem cells will be a plus.
- Fluent English language
- Good communication and English language skills
- Project planning, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
- 24-months contract under MSCA-IF conditions.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- 2 reference contacts
Deadline for sending CVs will be next 1st June 2020