We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist wishing to further his/her scientific career within a competitive and stimulating environment. Depending on the candidate’s background and expertise the project will offer the possibility to be developed under a computational/bioinformatic approach (deep learning strategies to analyze imaging data and single cell RNA-seq/ATAC-seq dataset) or under a wet-lab focused approach (development of xeno-transplantation mouse models and whole-mount 3D imaging techniques) to investigate the interaction between stem cells and leukemia with the aging bone marrow niche in vivo.
The successful candidate will join the group of Dr. M. Carolina Florian. Research in Florian’s group aims at understanding aging of somatic stem cells and of their supporting niche. The target is to define molecular mechanisms (epigenetic) that increase the regenerative capacity of aged tissues and rejuvenate stem cells or reduce disease incidence/aggressiveness. We offer a highly dynamic, stimulating and international working environment, state-of-the-art research facilities, and expert technical support and training.
- Doctoral degree in biological/medical sciences or at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience at the time of the call deadline.
to apply for a Standard European Fellowships (ST) the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020.
For the Career Restart Panel (CAR) or the Reintegration Panel (RI) application, the candidate must not have resided or carried out the main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 36 months between 9th September 2017 and 9th September 2020
- Expertise in work with mice (FELASA)
- Expertise in microscopy techniques and Imaging software analyses (Imaris)
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence algorithms (Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) and/or Deep Neural Network (DNN).
- Knowledge of Python, bash and/or R programming languages or any previous bioinformatic/biostatistic expertise
- Fluent English language
- Background in stem cell biology and/or aging. Previous expertise in hematopoietic stem cells will be a plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Project planning, analytical and critical thinking, ethics and integrity, leadership, information seeking and management.
- 24-months contract under MSCA-IF conditions.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- 2 reference contacts
Deadline for sending CVs will be next 1st June 2020