Description of the Program
With the aim to encourage students to pursue a scientific career after graduation, the Bellvitge Biomedical Research Institute (IDIBELL) offers undergraduate students in their final year of university and master students the opportunity to join the research groups at IDIBELL and complete their training during the summer.
A maximum of 10 internship positions will be available.
Students will receive theoretical and hands-on training that will allow them to conduct research at IDIBELL.
- Students with a strong interest in biomedical research who are in their final year of bachelor’s studies or master’s degree program on Life Sciences or related fields.
- It is mandatory to have an open university file in order to sign an internship agreement between your university and IDIBELL.
Candidates will be awarded on a competitive basis and applications will be prioritized according to their academic record and motivation letter. Students will be assigned a research group based on their background and interest.
The IDIBELL summer training will have a duration of three uninterrupted months from July to October 2019 in agreement with the principal investigator of the hosting group. This intensive training program requires full-time commitment of students and their participation in scheduled activities.
Applications for the IDIBELL Summer Training program must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Completed application form
- Recent academic record transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter (200 words max.)
- Acceptance letter from the principal investigator of the hosting group
Applications received after 15 June 2019 will not be considered.
Internship rules & regulations
- Participation in the IDIBELL Summer Training program does not imply any contractual relationship between the beneficiary and IDIBELL
- All selected candidates will receive a financial aid of 150 €/month
- Student interns must submit a final activity report (3 pages max.) to email@example.com within the last two weeks of their training period. This report will be assessed by IDIBELL’s Scientific Direction, which will issue an official certificate
Accepted candidates will be sent a confirmation e-mail.
Instructions for accepted candidates
All accepted candidates must provide the following documents at least one week before the start of the Summer Training program:
- Social security number
- Internship agreement with their university
- Bank account number
Any candidate who does not provide the documentation on time will not be accepted.
IDIBELL Groups hosting our summer intern students
Call calendar 2019
Call deadline: 15 June 2019
Notification of candidates: 30 June 2019
Start of the internship: July 2019
End of the internship: October 2019
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Institut d'Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge (IDIBELL)
Hospital Duran i Reynals
Edifici Ambulatori – 2a planta
(entrada Oncologia Radioteràpica)
Avinguda de la Gran Via, 199 08908 L'Hospitalet de Llobregat (Barcelona)